We have NO REASON to continue TWAT(The War Against Terror) in Afghanistan. Not only was the invasion based on lies from the beginning, it has failed in bringing the “guilty terrorsist” to justice, it has failed to find WMD’s , it has increased intenational terrorism globally and re-invented the heroin industry ,which claims more lives than terrorism everyday. To say that we have lost this war and it was a complete disasterous failure is like calling the Titanic a shipping accident!
Karzai Calls On NATO And US To Stop Operations In Afghanistan
March 12, 2011 “DPA” — Kabul –
Afghan President Hamid Karzai said Saturday that NATO and US should stop their operations in the war-torn country.
“I ask NATO and US, with honor and humbleness and not with arrogance, to stop its operations on our soil,” Karzai said in the eastern province of Kunar, according to a statement from the presidential palace.
Karzai visited Kunar on Saturday morning to personally express condolences to the families of nine children who were killed by US air attacks on March 1.
The children were between the age of seven and 13 and collecting firewood in the Manogay district when they came under bombardment.
“Afghans want peace and security and they cooperate with the world bring peace and security,” Karzai said. “But we don’t want this war to continue any longer. We don’t want to repeat such bombardments and casualties.”
Speaking at a ceremony held in Asadabad, the headquarters of Kunar, Karzai said the war on terrorism is not in Afghan villages.
“They know where the places are and they should fight there,” he said about the international forces.
“We wish NATO officials would see our sons’ injured legs and hands. See how much tolerance we have,” the statement said, quoting Karzai.
The issue of civilian casualties has been a major point of contention between Afghan government and international forces, mainly the US forces.
United States Defense Secretary Robert Gates apologized last week in Kabul in a joint press conference with Karzai for the death of Afghan boys.
“It breaks our heart. My personal apologies to President Karzai and the Afghan people,” Gates said. “Not only is their loss a tragedy for their families, it is a setback for our relationship with the Afghan people.”
Karzai said in the press meet he respected and accepted the apology, adding that civilian casualtie has been a major issue of grief for Afghans and they want it to stop.
Earlier, Karzai had harshly criticized US forces for causing civilian casualties during their operations, rejecting an apology from US General David Petraeus as “not enough” and “no longer acceptable.”
A United Nations report released earlier this week said at least 171 civilians were killed by NATO air strike in 2010.
US House to debate for 2 hours and vote on Thursday on whether to end the War on Afghanistan
The number to call your congress member:
Timing could change, but currently set for Thursday.
SO MUCH FOR NATO/US FORCES LEAVING AS SOON AS THEY ARE ASKED TOO BY THE NEW AFGHAN GOVERNMENT!!!
BUT AS SOON AS THIS STATEMENT WAS MADE A TERRIBLE TALEBAN ATTACK HAPPENS . AN ATTACK THAT CAN ONLY BENEFIT THE OCCUPATION FORCES!
At Least 37 Killed in Afghan Army Base Attack
Suicide Bombing Targeted Crowd Waiting Outside
by Jason Ditz, March 14, 2011
At least 37 people were killed and around 40 others wounded today when a suicide bomber attacked a crowd of people outside the Afghan National Army base in Kunduz Province. Though a number of civilians were also killed, it appears that most of the casualties were recruits.
The strike came amid growing warnings from the Taliban for Afghans to neither join the security forces nor associate with them, and it seems the ability to launch such attacks is fueling frustration for officials, such as Provincial Council head Mahbobullah Mahbob, who said he is “really afraid that one day I, too, will get killed.”
SO THE AFGHAN PRESIDENT ASKS FOR NATO TOO END THE WAR .REMEMBER NATO/US IS ONLY IN AFGHANISTAN AT THE REQUEST OF THE AFGHAN GOVERNMENT.
BUT SUPRISE ,SUPRISE , THE “TALEBAN TERRORISTS” RIGHT ON QUEUE , BLOW UP THE AFGHAN ARMY RECRUIMENT OFFICE!!
IT JUST SEEMS VERY VERY CONVIENIENT FOR THE OCCUPATION FORCES!……A FALSE FLAG TERRORIST ATTACK PERHAPS! A DEATH THREAT TO THE AFGHAN PARLIMENT FOR SUGGESTING NATO/US SHOULD GO!!!!
JUST ANOTHER DAY SPREADING FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY WESTERN STYLE!
THE FINANCIAL COST OF ALL THIS HAS BANKRUPTED THE NATION BUT THE REAL COST WE STILL HAVE TO PAY
THE WEST HAS A TERRIBLE RECORD OF SPREADING DEATH DESTRUCTION AND OPPRESSION …..ALL IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY
WE MUST END THIS FAKE WAR FOR FALSE PROFITS!!