Blacklisted: UK workers fighting job market ban
WHY IS IT I HAVE TO GET THIS INFORMATION FROM RUSSIAN SOURCES?
After years of unsuccessful attempts to find jobs, thousands of UK construction workers have found out why. Skilled engineers have discovered their names were on an “employment blacklist” – an illegal document which shattered their lives.
In 2004, former union organiser Steve Hedley was mysteriously sacked, and for the next four years, he wondered why he could not get another full-time job. Then, a friend told him about a blacklist, held by a private company and accessed by some of the UK’s biggest construction firms. Sure enough, he uncovered a 16-page file on himself. The blacklisting not only wrecked his working life, but it also caused his marriage to break down.
“It goes into detail about how I was sacked, what my political activities were, what my trade union activities were, what part I was playing in the union. The employers were distributing this among themselves, and with this blacklisting organisation, barred not only me but other people from employment,” Hedley told RT.
Much of the information in Hedley’s file is clipped from left-wing newspapers and union magazines. But some comes from a different source altogether – the police.
“I was in there, named as a participant on an anti-fascist demonstration. This information hasn’t come from the employers. It could only have come from the police. We don’t agree with employers keeping blacklists, it’s an illegal thing. But it opens up a whole new dimension when the state security forces are getting involved in this – it almost smacks of a police state,” says Hedley.
Working on a building site is one of the most dangerous jobs in the UK. Last year alone, there were 50 deaths in the construction industry. Many of the banned workers say the reason they are on the blacklist is because they blew the whistle on poor health and safety standards – shortcuts they say construction companies make to increase profits
I BELIEVE THIS LIST EXPLAINS MY RECENT LACK OF SUCCESS GETTING WORK WITH THE LONDON OLYMPICS 2012! I HAVE WORKED ON PREVIOUS OLYMPIC GAMES WITH FULL SECURITY CLEARENCES!! YES I COULDN’T BELIEVE IT EITHER.
I HAVE HAD MAJOR BACKGROUND CHECKS RUN ON ME BEFORE. I HAVE BEEN RESPONSIBLE FOR SOME PRETTY SENSITIVE STUFF.ALL CARRIED OUT VERY PROFFESIONALLY
I BELIEVE THAT I AM ON THIS LIST DUE TO MY BLOG ACTIVITY AND MY CHILDREN GETTING ARRESTED ON POLITICAL DEMONSTRATIONS AND MY MAKING OFFICIAL COMPLAINTS AGAINST LOCAL POLICE
THE LAST 2 JOB POSITIONS I WENT FOR ,THE SAME THING HAPPENED. I GET THROUGH ALL THE INTERVEIWS VERY WELL.
THE CONTRACT IS AGREED AND EVEN OFFERED ON THE AGREEMENT THAT A BACKGROUND CHECK MUST BE RUN, WHICH I AGREE. I KNOW I HAVE NOT COMMITTED AN OFFENCE SINCE MY LAST BACKGROUND CHECK.. BUT I HAVE STARTED BLOGGING AND PROTESTING SINCE THEN. ALL LEGAL ACTIVITIES I WAS LED TO BELIEVE.
THERE THEN STARTS A LONG DELAY AND EITHER THEY REFUSE TO ANSWER E-MAILS ANYMORE OR THEY KEEP APOLOGISING AND PUTTING ME OFF UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE WORK IS DUE TO START AND THEN THEY TELL ME I DID NOT GET THE POSITION.
THIS IS NOT THE WAY PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATIONS ARE SUPPOSED TO RUN…BUT MY NAME ON A BLACKLIST ,WHICH IS ILLEGAL, WOULD EXPLAIN THIS BEHAVIOUR VERY WELL
A blacklist (or black list) is a list or register of entities who, for one reason or another, are being denied a particular privilege, service, mobility, access or recognition. As a verb, to blacklist can mean to deny someone work in a particular field, or to ostracize a person from a certain social circle.
The term blacklisting is generally used in a pejorative context, as it implies that someone has been prevented from having legitimate access due to the whims or judgments of another. somebody who is fired for exposing poor working conditions in a particular company, and is subsequently blocked from finding work in that industry, may be considered to have been blacklisted. Blacklisting can and has been accomplished informally and by consensus of authority figures, and does not necessarily require a physical list or overt written record.
Trade union members in the United Kingdom have been blacklisted by employers using the services of the Economic League (UK) which operated between 1918 and 1993, and The Consulting Association which took over this role until it was closed down in February 2009
THIS IS AGAINST OUR HUMAN RIGHTS
MEANWHILE HERE IS SOMEONE THAT IS NOT ON THE BLACKLIST…BUT SHOULD BE
What does a £250k donation get you?
Dinner with the PM
Tory caught making deal in video sting
A TORY fundraiser quit early today after he was accused of brokering meetings with David Cameron in return for huge donations.
Co-treasurer Peter Cruddas was filmed offering a lobbyist and her two overseas clients direct access to the PM for £250,000.
The trader invited them to join the “premier league” of donors — adding there was no point “scratching around” with donations of £10,000.
THE REAL NEWS WOULD BE IF A POLITION DID NOT TAKE THE MONEY!!
Speaking at a Sports Relief run in Buckinghamshire, Mr Cameron added that there would be an inquiry to make sure such claims were never made again
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID THE LAST TIME THEY WHERE CAUGHT TAKING MONEY TO MEET THE PM……AND THE TIME BEFORE THAT…..AND THE TIME BEFORE THAT
NOTHING HAS CHANGED OR BEEN DONE TO STOP IT, NOR HAS ANYONE BEEN ARRESTED FOR CORRUPTION OR TREASON!! DESPITE DAVID “BASIL FAWLTY” CAMERONS WORDS , NOTHING WILL BE DONE TO STOP THIS EITHER!
IT SEEMS GOVERNMENT ARE USELESS AT ADMINISTRATING THIER OWN BUSINESS , IMAGINE THE MESS THEY ARE MAKING OF THE NATIONAL BUSINESS!!
THESE PEOPLE WOULD START WWIII IF IT MENT KEEPING THIER POSITIONS OF POWER!!
WHY WHERE THESE ILLEGAL BLACKLISTS ALLOWED TO RUN FOR SO LONG,WHILE CORRUPT AND TREASONOUS POLITIONS ARE ALLOWED TO RUN FREE?
CAN’T WE JUST MAKE A POLITICAL BLACKLIST THEN!! IF YOU GET CAUGHT TAKING BRIBES ,BROWN ENVELOPES, MONEY FOR QUESTIONS ,MONEY FOR PEERAGES , EXPENSIVE HOLIDAYS AT CORPORATE EXPENSE,THEN YOU ARE ADDED TO THE BLACKLIST
….A SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE SOLUTION , SO THE POLITIONS WILL NEVER MENTION IT!!!
BLACKLISTS OBVIOUSLY WORK ,THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR SO LONG ON TRADE UNIONISTS AND OTHER PEOPLE FIGHTING FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AND SAFE WORK PRACTICES
WHY ARE THESE WORKERS BLACKLISTS HAPPENING AND GETTING MORE OBVIOUS IN WESTERN SOCIETIES? EVEN THOUGH THE MSM DOES NOT MENTION IT!
ITS BECAUSE THE LUNATICS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM.
THE PEOPLE RUNNING GOVERNMENT WILL BLAME THE PEOPLE FOR THE CURRENT CRISIS.INSTEAD OF UNDERSTANDING THE 2ND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS, THE MORE YOU IMPOSE LAW THE MORE YOU ACCELERATE CHAOS… AND CAUSE AND EFFECTS, LIKE AUSTERITY MEASURES BEING THE CAUSE AND RIOTS AND FAILING ECONOMIES THE EFFECT!
JUST LIKE BLAMING THE RAPE VICTIM. THEY WILL THEN USE DRACONIAN METHODS TO ENFORCE THIER WILL. JUST LIKE BEATING THE RAPE VICTIM TO MAKE HER MORE COMPLIANT
IT TAKES A CERTAIN TYPE OF PERSON TO BE ABLE TO IGNORE REALITY AND CONTINUE THE RAPE REGARDLESS ,EVEN WHEN REALITY IS BEATING YOUR DOOR DOWN
ULTIMATELY THESE DAMAGED PEOPLE WILL START A WAR INSTEAD OF ADMITTING THIER FAILURES AND WILL TRY AND BLAME THE RAPE VICTIM ,BECAUSE WE WHERE ASKING FOR IT, WE ALL WHERE ASKING FOR IT,…YOU MADE ME DO THIS!! WILL BE THIER EXCUSE!
GOVERNMENT IS JUST A CANCER ON SOCIETY. IT FEEDS ON HEALTHY SOCIETIES UNTIL THE HOST IS DESTROYED
ITS THE RISE OF THE NUTTERS…THE POLITICAL SOCIOPATHS NOW RUN THE SHOW ,THE “SOCIETY VICTIM” MAYBE CLOSE TO DEATH NOW…..OR THE ANTI-BODIES WILL KICK IN AND SAVE THE DAY
The Ascendence of Sociopaths in US Governance
by Doug Casey
You may be thinking that what happened in places like Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Mao’s China, Pol Pot’s Cambodia and scores of other countries in recent history could not, for some reason, happen in the US. Actually, there’s no reason it won’t at this point. All the institutions that made America exceptional – including a belief in capitalism, individualism, self-reliance and the restraints of the Constitution – are now only historical artifacts.
On the other hand, the distribution of sociopaths is completely uniform across both space and time. Per capita, there were no more evil people in Stalin’s Russia, Hitler’s Germany, Mao’s China, Amin’s Uganda, Ceausescu’s Romania or Pol Pot’s Cambodia than there are today in the US. All you need is favorable conditions for them to bloom, much as mushrooms do after a rainstorm.
Conditions for them in the US are becoming quite favorable. Have you ever wondered where the 50,000 people employed by the TSA to inspect and degrade you came from? Most of them are middle-aged. Did they have jobs before they started doing something that any normal person would consider demeaning? Most did, but they were attracted to – not repelled by – a job where they wear a costume and abuse their fellow citizens all day.
Few of them can imagine that they’re shepherding in a police state as they play their roles in security theater. (A reinforced door on the pilots’ cabin is probably all that’s actually needed, although the most effective solution would be to hold each airline responsible for its own security and for the harm done if it fails to protect passengers and third parties.) But the 50,000 newly employed are exactly the same type of people who joined the Gestapo – eager to help in the project of controlling everyone. Nobody was drafted into the Gestapo.
What’s going on here is an instance of Pareto’s Law. That’s the 80-20 rule that tells us, for example, that 80% of your sales come from 20% of your salesmen or that 20% of the population are responsible for 80% of the crime.
As I see it, 80% of people are basically decent; their basic instincts are to live by the Boy Scout virtues. 20% of people, however, are what you might call potential trouble sources, inclined toward doing the wrong thing when the opportunity presents itself. They might now be shoe clerks, mailmen or waitresses – they seem perfectly benign in normal times. They play baseball on weekends and pet the family dog. However, given the chance, they will sign up for the Gestapo, the Stasi, the KGB, the TSA, Homeland Security or whatever. Many are well intentioned but likely to favor force as the solution to any problem.
But it doesn’t end there, because 20% of that 20% are really bad actors. They are drawn to government and other positions where they can work their will on other people and, because they’re enthusiastic about government, they rise to leadership positions. They remake the culture of the organizations they run in their own image. Gradually, non-sociopaths can no longer stand being there. They leave. Soon the whole barrel is full of bad apples. That’s what’s happening today in the US.
It’s a pity that Bush, when he was in office, made such a big deal of evil. He discredited the concept. He made Boobus americanus think it only existed in a distant axis, in places like North Korea, Iraq and Iran – which were and still are irrelevant backwaters and arbitrarily chosen enemies. Bush trivialized the concept of evil and made it seem banal because he was such a fool. All the while real evil, very immediate and powerful, was growing right around him, and he lacked the awareness to see he was fertilizing it by turning the US into a national security state after 9/11.
Now, I believe, it’s out of control. The US is already in a truly major depression and on the edge of financial chaos and a currency meltdown. The sociopaths in government will react by redoubling the pace toward a police state domestically and starting a major war abroad. To me, this is completely predictable. It’s what sociopaths do.
There are seven characteristics I can think of that define a sociopath, although I’m sure the list could be extended.
•Sociopaths completely lack a conscience or any capacity for real regret about hurting people. Although they pretend the opposite.
•Sociopaths put their own desires and wants on a totally different level from those of other people. Their wants are incommensurate. They truly believe their ends justify their means. Although they pretend the opposite.
•Sociopaths consider themselves superior to everyone else, because they aren’t burdened by the emotions and ethics others have – they’re above all that. They’re arrogant. Although they pretend the opposite.
•Sociopaths never accept the slightest responsibility for anything that goes wrong, even though they’re responsible for almost everything that goes wrong. You’ll never hear a sincere apology from them.
•Sociopaths have a lopsided notion of property rights. What’s theirs is theirs, and what’s yours is theirs too. They therefore defend currency inflation and taxation as good things.
•Sociopaths usually pick the wrong target to attack. If they lose their wallet, they kick the dog. If 16 Saudis fly planes into buildings, they attack Afghanistan.
•Sociopaths traffic in disturbing news, they love to pass on destructive rumors and they’ll falsify information to damage others.
The fact that they’re chronic, extremely convincing and even enthusiastic liars, who often believe their own lies, means they aren’t easy to spot, because normal people naturally assume another person is telling the truth. They rarely have handlebar mustaches or chortle like Snidely Whiplash. Instead, they cultivate a social veneer or a mask of sanity that diverts suspicion. You can rely on them to be “politically correct” in public. How could a congressman or senator who avidly supports charities possibly be a bad guy? They’re expert at using facades to disguise reality, and they feel no guilt about it.
Political elites are primarily, and sometimes exclusively, composed of sociopaths. It’s not just that they aren’t normal human beings. They’re barely even human, a separate subspecies, differentiated by their psychological qualities.
THE SIGNS WE ALL NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR …HOW MANY CAN YOU SPOT FROM YOUR WINDOW?
14 defining characteristics of fascism: The U.S. in 2012
When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross. — Sinclair Lewis, It Can’t Happen Here. (1935)
A close look at the 14 characteristics of fascism in light of what has changed in America in the past few years may raise some questions as to whether or not Americans truly live in a democratic society.
1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism. From the prominent displays of flags and bunting to the ubiquitous lapel pins, the fervor to show patriotic nationalism, both on the part of the regime itself and of citizens caught up in its frenzy, was always obvious. Catchy slogans, pride in the military, and demands for unity were common themes in expressing this nationalism. It was usually coupled with a suspicion of things foreign that often bordered on xenophobia.
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights. The regimes themselves viewed human rights as of little value and a hindrance to realizing the objectives of the ruling elite. Through clever use of propaganda, the population was brought to accept these human rights abuses by marginalizing, even demonizing, those being targeted. When abuse was egregious, the tactic was to use secrecy, denial, and disinformation.
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause. The most significant common thread among these regimes was the use of scapegoating as a means to divert the people’s attention from other problems, to shift blame for failures, and to channel frustration in controlled directions. The methods of choice—relentless propaganda and disinformation—were usually effective. Often the regimes would incite ‘spontaneous’ acts against the target scapegoats, usually communists, socialists, liberals, Jews, ethnic and racial minorities, traditional national enemies, members of other religions, secularists, homosexuals, and ‘terrorists.’ Active opponents of these regimes were inevitably labeled as terrorists and dealt with accordingly.
4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism. Ruling elites always identified closely with the military and the industrial infrastructure that supported it. A disproportionate share of national resources was allocated to the military, even when domestic needs were acute. The military was seen as an expression of nationalism, and was used whenever possible to assert national goals, intimidate other nations, and increase the power and prestige of the ruling elite.
5. Rampant sexism. Beyond the simple fact that the political elite and the national culture were male-dominated, these regimes inevitably viewed women as second-class citizens. They were adamantly anti-abortion and also homophobic. These attitudes were usually codified in Draconian laws that enjoyed strong support by the orthodox religion of the country, thus lending the regime cover for its abuses.
6. A controlled mass media. Under some of the regimes, the mass media were under strict direct control and could be relied upon never to stray from the party line. Other regimes exercised more subtle power to ensure media orthodoxy. Methods included the control of licensing and access to resources, economic pressure, appeals to patriotism, and implied threats. The leaders of the mass media were often politically compatible with the power elite. The result was usually success in keeping the general public unaware of the regimes’ excesses.
7. Obsession with national security. Inevitably, a national security apparatus was under direct control of the ruling elite. It was usually an instrument of oppression, operating in secret and beyond any constraints. Its actions were justified under the rubric of protecting ‘national security,’ and questioning its activities was portrayed as unpatriotic or even treasonous.
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together. Unlike communist regimes, the fascist and protofascist regimes were never proclaimed as godless by their opponents. In fact, most of the regimes attached themselves to the predominant religion of the country and chose to portray themselves as militant defenders of that religion. The fact that the ruling elite’s behavior was incompatible with the precepts of the religion was generally swept under the rug. Propaganda kept up the illusion that the ruling elites were defenders of the faith and opponents of the ‘godless.’ A perception was manufactured that opposing the power elite was tantamount to an attack on religion.
9. Power of corporations protected. Although the personal life of ordinary citizens was under strict control, the ability of large corporations to operate in relative freedom was not compromised. The ruling elite saw the corporate structure as a way to not only ensure military production (in developed states), but also as an additional means of social control. Members of the economic elite were often pampered by the political elite to ensure a continued mutuality of interests, especially in the repression of ‘have-not’ citizens.
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated. Since organized labor was seen as the one power center that could challenge the political hegemony of the ruling elite and its corporate allies, it was inevitably crushed or made powerless. The poor formed an underclass, viewed with suspicion or outright contempt. Under some regimes, being poor was considered akin to a vice.
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts. Intellectuals and the inherent freedom of ideas and expression associated with them were anathema to these regimes. Intellectual and academic freedom were considered subversive to national security and the patriotic ideal. Universities were tightly controlled; politically unreliable faculty harassed or eliminated. Unorthodox ideas or expressions of dissent were strongly attacked, silenced, or crushed. To these regimes, art and literature should serve the national interest or they had no right to exist.
12. Obsession with crime and punishment. Most of these regimes maintained Draconian systems of criminal justice with huge prison populations. The police were often glorified and had almost unchecked power, leading to rampant abuse. ‘Normal’ and political crime were often merged into trumped-up criminal charges and sometimes used against political opponents of the regime. Fear, and hatred, of criminals or ‘traitors’ was often promoted among the population as an excuse for more police power.
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption. Those in business circles and close to the power elite often used their position to enrich themselves. This corruption worked both ways; the power elite would receive financial gifts and property from the economic elite, who in turn would gain the benefit of government favoritism. Members of the power elite were in a position to obtain vast wealth from other sources as well: for example, by stealing national resources. With the national security apparatus under control and the media muzzled, this corruption was largely unconstrained and not well understood by the general population.
14. Fraudulent elections. Elections in the form of plebiscites or public opinion polls were usually bogus. When actual elections with candidates were held, they would usually be perverted by the power elite to get the desired result. Common methods included maintaining control of the election machinery, intimidating and disenfranchising opposition voters, destroying or disallowing legal votes, and, as a last resort, turning to a judiciary beholden to the power elite.
REMEMBER CITIZENS BE VIGILATE
WATCH YOUR GOVERNMENT AS IT WATCHES YOU
IT MAY BE OUT TO GET YOU!
PROTEST AND SURVIVE, SUPPORT THE PROTESTORS!!
IF YOU SEE SIGNS OF FASCISM IN YOUR GOVERNMENT OR LOCAL AUTHORITY POINT THEM OUT
BE LOUD AND BE PROUD …FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
FREEDOM OR FASCISM ITS YOUR CHOICE NOT THE GOVERNEMNTS
IF THEY CAN RUN BLACKLISTS FOR WORKERS THAT ARE JUST DEMANDING SAFETY AND HUMAN RIGHTS THEN WE SHOULD DEFINATELY SETUP A BLACKLIST FOR CORRUPT POLITIONS ,THAT ARE DEMANDING MONEY TO TRAMPLE ON THESE RIGHTS
LETS DEMAND A POLITICAL BLACKLIST TODAY!!